a dangerous reed diffuser

30 01 2008

Someone gave us a reed diffuser for Christmas.  It’s basically a bottle of a thick liquidious type substance, and you put wooden sticks in it, and it slowly releases the scent of the liquid inside.  Ours is a “Madagascar Vanilla”.  It smells alright.  But what surprised me is the small print on it.  It is “harmful or fatal if swallowed”.  Of course we won’t be drinking it, but we’ll be breathing it!  And this obviously would be a major concern for someone with children or pets.

I somewhat understand some of the household cleaning products being dangerous for you, because they’re killing mold and mildew and germs.  But this is something that is supposed to make the house smell better, yet it’s dangerous and toxic.  I’m thinking this should not be…

Advertisements

Actions

Information

One response

31 01 2008
Justin

Actually, that sounds about right. Most air fresheners have harmful chemicals in them, and should not be used! Stay away from Oust, Glade, etc. I burn candles, but even that really isn’t safe!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: